I guess it's official now... (9/9/24)

 Hello nerds! (Jk, y'all aren't nerds. Well, Joe you might be 😉) welcome back to your little taste of Ohio! This week was slow/fast and I'm honestly not too sure what happened during most of it. But let's see what I do remember! 


What I do remember: 
☆We had amazing lesson with Jacob!! We taught him the Word of Wisdom and he was kinda scared at first but we talked about it for a bit, and then felt more comfortable with and he said he'd start working on it! 
☆Making pumpkin, zucchini, chocolate-chip bread for the elders!
☆Seeing the Elders faces light up when I gave them the bread! 🤩 They were all super excited about it and ate it right there in district council! 
☆Oh, and district council was good too 😉
☆This title came because I hit 15 months this week and all you missionaries know what that means. 🫠🫠
☆We had a fantastic lesson with Cameron and we're working with him to be baptized at the end of the month!
☆The weather this weekend!🤩🤩 It was 65-70 both Saturday and Sunday and it was a-freaking-mazing!! 
☆We had a great lesson with a lady named Crystal! She's being taught by the West Chester elders, but she lives in our area. Then during the pass off lesson she told us she was moving this week! So we'll see where she ends up! (Praying it's either in our area or West Chester)
☆Spontaneous gingerbread house making! (Yes I know it's September, but I wanted a snack and we had it in our cupboard) 
☆Jon, (one of my friends back I Beavercreek) got baptized this weekend!! 🥳🥳 I honestly did not think that was going to happen this soon, but here we are!🤩
☆Cameron came to church! Jacob couldn't make it because he just started a new job and had to work. But this is the only Sunday he has to work. He should be off after this.
☆Young Women's was so fun and cute! I love being able to go!☺️

Funny: (I promise we still say funny things. I guess I just forgot to write them down this week)
9/2-9/8
It's so bright, it's like a light bulb. It's so bright it's like a diamond! - Sister LeSueur talking about her grandpas' legs

Friends:
☆Jacob is doing so, so good! He loves coming to church and he has lots of really good, really valid questions! 
☆Cameron we're working with for him to be baptized by the end of the month! He's agrees to quit coffee for good this time so, praying all will go well! 
☆Ryan we met with this week and he said he's gonna try our church! (He didn't gwt a chance yesterday cause he was confused about the times)


Spiritual thought:
I watched the new Book of Mormon video, (it's Helaman 13-16, and 3 Nehpi 1, so when Samuel the Lamanite was teaching) and He's talking alot about Jesus Christ and what He was coming to do for us. As I watched the part about the signs of the Saviors birth and even the scene where He was born, I pondered what His birth means to me. What it means for all of us is that we were about to be saved from our sins and have our repentance and life with the Father possible! But it really got me thinking, What does His birth mean to me personally? What does His Atonement mean for me? It honestly has been something I'm still pondering. But I do know that even though Jesus Christ was born long ago, His birth means the same thing today as it did then. Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. He is our Teacher and Healer. He is our Example and Light. He is our Friend and Older Brother. He is Jesus Christ, the only way back to Heavenly Father. 

Well dear friends, that's all for this week! I hope that you have a fantastic week and I hope you start to see some cooler weather and happy days! I'll write again next week! 
Love, 
Sister Alex Hersom 

Google photos album:





























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From babies to mamas (7/15/24)

*Gasp* Is that a beaver!?!? (6/3/24)

MTC - Here She Comes